HVAC Pros Los Angeles

HVACPros Los Angeles Explains Why California’s Future Is Electric

If you have any kind of environmental awareness, then you will certainly know that we are in the middle of facing the biggest carbon footprint problem that the world has ever experienced. More industrialization inevitably leads to more fuels being used, but whilst this system might be beneficial in a financial and economic sense, we are now having to reckon with the fact that it has the opposite of a good impact on the climate. One of the ways that businesses and scientists are trying to address this issue is by exploring all of the ways in which electricity can replace petroleum-based fuels and be really helpful about it. With this in mind here is some vital information from HVAC Pros Los Angeles about why California’s future is electric.

California Has Always Been A Frontrunner

In the USA, California has always been a state that has been at the forefront of efforts to move towards cleaner energy alternatives. It probably won’t surprise you to learn that cities across the state are urging homeowners and businesses to switch over to electric options for water and space heating in an effort to avoid relying on natural gas.

Ban From 2035 Onwards

California has actually announced that there will be a ban on the sale of diesel and gasoline vehicles from 2035, with a turn towards electric cars. It is expected that similar kinds of steps will soon be taken in the realm of buildings so that homes and other properties start using electricity instead of natural gas for their heating and their hot water.

Why Is Electrification So Important?

Gas-burning systems like furnaces and water heaters account for a major portion of carbon emissions and greenhouse gases. Around 25% of the total carbon footprint of the state comes from homes, businesses, and other buildings. Of this 25%, 50% is down to the gas-burning appliances.

The latest research suggests that if just one-third of those buildings made the effort to switch over to electric appliances, it would have the same impact as taking 1.5 million cars off the roads. Imagine that, the same environmental impact as two-thirds of the cars in Los Angeles just disappearing!

HVAC Pros Los Angeles

When Is It Best To Electrify A Home?

It makes sense to decide on electrification when constructing a new building, as it will provide a huge cost saving in the long run and help the environment at the same time. If you are in an editing property but still want to make the effort, then it will make more financial sense to wait for your existing systems to reach the end of their productive life, and then replace them with electric alternatives when the time comes.

If you are interested in learning more about the future of electric energy, and everything else to do with current types of HVAC systems, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team at HVACPros Los Angeles. One of our expert engineers will be happy to talk to you about any problems you are having or answer any general questions that you might have. We very much look forward to being able to assist you in any way possible!